If you've just finished from the University or you're a graduate and you're currently looking for a job, then this article is for you. This article will inform and show your through the proper steps to follow in other to complete your application.
We are happy to anounce that there are open positions in Lagos for entry level Web Developers (Fresh Graduates in Nigeria). This position is only open to candidates who are into web design and development or have passion for web development? you do not need to be an expert before applying, its an entry level application meaning even if you've just finished from the University and dont have any completed jobs as a display of talents, no need to worry because, you're fit for the position.
As a fresh graduate in Computer Science or an Intermediate Developer who have never had a first hand experience working with companies, it is indeed difficult to catch up with your responsibilities as a developer which is why I am taking the time to state some of the things you will be doing if hired.
Responsibilities of a Web Developer in a Company
- Proffessionalism: The first thing to know is, working for a company is not like working on your personal project, when you write your own code at home you most likely have to do everything yourself i.e. The Design, Presentation, Data Flow, everything from frontend, database and backend of a website, but this is not how it works at the company level. You need to specialized at one thing. At the company, you may be assigned to only handle the logic involve in signing up and loging in on a website and another developer will be assign to work on payment integration. So from all that has been said, you must have something you're really good at doing, Dont be a jack of all and a Master of None.
- Speed: You need speed else you'll be kick out a few days after you got employed. The Boss at your new company will always be like "I need this stuff done in not more than 24 working hours". And if you can't beat the time and another developer can, your new job is at stake.
- No Bad Code, Write well designed, readable, testable, efficient code by using best practices
- You be tasked to create the layout of a website interface that is User Friendly using standard HTML/CSS best practices
- Collect and Integrate data from various back-end services and databases including MySQL etc.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Provide a standard, formatted and well written documentation for the software in question.
- Be responsibile for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent
Technologies you should already know as a Web Developer
Vuejs or ReactJs
Laravel or any other Backend Language
Web Developer Jobs in Lagos Position and Requirements
Having discus briefly on what to expect when working for a company, lets know list out the various jobs that are currently open for new intake at Lagos.
Below are some top Web Developer Jobs in Lagos:
1. Web Developer at Tenstrings Music Institute
Tenstrings Music Institute is the best-spread and most patronized music training institution in Nigeria. And it has study centers in Ikeja, Lekki/Ajah, Surulere, Festac Town, Port Harcourt and Abuja.
Also, it has plans to open more centers in other major communities across the country. And currently, it is recruiting to fill the position of a Web developer. You are to develop and manage our websites and digital platforms.
- You must be very conversant with basic coding, CSS, e-commerce management, WordPress, and other common development platforms.
- Also, you must have the ability to edit graphics and videos will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
2. Junior Web Developer at Fornaij
Fornaij is a startup online company that focuses on opinion oriented questions and answers regarding and related to Nigeria, as well as a community that enables the sharing of information among experts and peers.
Currently, it is recruiting for the position of a Junior Web Developer at Fornaij who is to troubleshoot programming, changes, errors and subsequent modifications. Also, who is to create of web pages, documentations and features and providing technical support.
- Qualifications: Degree or Final Year in Computer Related Field (Preferred)
- Experience: 0-2 years (Entry Level)
- Working Hours: 7 Hours (Mon – Fri), 3Hours (Saturday)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Fornaij on fornaij.com to apply
3. Full Stack Web Developer at Savvy HR
Savvy HR is a STRATEGIC human resources management firm. And it has strength in the enhancement of human resources management activities for businesses. Also, generating returns on investment is deeply a function of strategic human resources management practice.
Additionally, statistics show that 60% to 65% of the human resources management practitioners focus mainly on operational human resources management. And this is due to inadequate knowledge of the strategic part of human resources management activities.
- The Full Stack Web Developer will be directing software programming and documentation development.
- Also, he/she will be designing and developing software systems.
- Furthermore, will be modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field. Related certification is an added advantage.
- Also, you must experience working on a variety of software development projects.
- Additionally, you must have knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Also, you must have ability to develop unit testing of code components or complete applications.
- Furthermore, you must have creativity is always a plus.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
4. WordPress Web Developer at Aneeque
Aneeque is an online Fashion retailer aspiring to be the go-to store for young people across Africa for all their fashion needs. It has a sole purpose to help customers express themselves by looking their best without breaking the bank and having fun while at it.
WordPress Web Developer Responsibilities
- Participating in all aspects of software development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, planning, design, development, deployment, and maintenance.
- Also, collaborate with designers, product and business team to design, build and maintain our platforms.
- Furthermore, programming and producing data-driven web applications, websites using WordPress and WooCommerce
- Also, analysis and translation of business requirements into technical requirements for development, and creation of design documents and technical specifications.
- Also, you must have experience building user interfaces for websites
- Furthermore, you must have experience designing and developing responsive design websites
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Aneeque on forms.office.com to apply
5. Web Developer/Graphic Designer at InfoWARE
InfoWARE, the leading Investment banking software solutions provider in the Pan African region is growing its foot print in West and East Africa. And it is seeking software engineers to join a highly experienced Development team.
The objective of this firm from the onset is to ensure that clientele are provided with the cutting edge in today’s competitively minded business environment to solve their unique challenges.
The Web developer is to provide clients with first rate business solutions. And he/she is to back it up with unequalled service and support.
Also, he/she is to provide inventive and intelligent perspective and implementation of a variety of creative projects including web sites, online display ads, and newsletters.
- Demonstrable experience in marketing together with the potential and attitude required to learn Up-to-date experience with international web protocols, standards, and technologies.
- Also, you must have ability to coordinate multiple design projects simultaneously and meet all deadlines.
- Additionally, you must have an established portfolio of web design/graphic design work.
- Also, you must have a Bachelor’s Degree/H.N.D.
- Furthermore, you must have completed NYSC.
- Also, 2 – 5 years’ Work experience is necessary.
Method of Application
Interested Applicants should send CV and Cover Letter in PDF to email@example.com using the Role Applied for as the Subject of Mail i.e. “GRAPHIC DESIGNER
6. Web Developer at Cellulant
Cellulant is a mobile commerce and content company that manages deliveries and bills for digital content and commerce service actualized over telecom network.
The industry defines this segment as mobile Value Added Service (VAS) or Wireless Premium Rate Service Provider (PRSP).
Currently, the firm is looking for a Full Stack Website Developer. And the developer will be responsible for the coding, design and layout of all the websites according to the company’s specifications.
- Degree in Computer Science.
- Also, you must have 3-5 years of experience in web design and development
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Cellulant on www.linkedin.com to apply
7. Web Developer at Zercom Systems
At Zercom systems offers the highest levels of experience, professionalism and integrity. Also, it offers a certified expertise in virtually all computing systems and products to solve the most challenging needs.
The firm is seeking for a talented Full Stack Web Developer who is also a graphic designer. And will be responsible for building responsive websites in pixel-perfect form, with amazing front-end effects.
Also, this person will be an expert in HTML and CSS and design wireframe mock-up. And this is with a full understanding of web standards and cross-browser compatibility.
- B.Sc / HND in relative course.
- Also, you must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Additionally, you must have experience in WordPress (this will be an added advantage).
- Furthermore, you must have proven work experience as a full stack developer cv In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
8. Web Developer (Intern) at Pristin Capital
The firm is looking for a Web Developer. He/she is to be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of our websites and computer systems. Also, the Web developer intern will be in-charge of web and Graphic design.
- HND/OND/B.Sc./ Degree in Computer Science, computing or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Also, you must have a current NYSC member.
- Furthermore, you must have basic knowledge of (SEO)Search Engine Optimization process
9. Web Developer at MyJobMag Limited
MyJobMag’s goal is to solve the fundamental employment challenge in Africa. This cuts across employer-employee quality and discovery. The Web Developer/Programmer is saddled with the below responsibilities:
- Also, creating blueprints and process documents before project commencement
- Furthermore, working in a team of web designers and programmers to develop a website
- Also, maintaining existing website and design innovative ways to increase engagement/performance
- Additionally, researching different software programs, maintaining software documentation
- BSc in Computer Science or related qualification from a reputable institution with at least 2 years’ experience in Web Development/Programming.
- Also, you must be familiar with front-end development
- Additionally, you must be well-grounded in backend development
General Eligibility Criteria for Web Developer Jobs in Lagos
To be eligible for these jobs, the applicants must meet the following requirements:
- The applicants must be smart.
- Also, the applicants must diligent.
- Furthermore, the applicant must be industrious.
- Also, the applicants must have a fair knowledge of computer operation.
- Additionally, the applicants must have a good interpersonal relationship.
- Also, educational qualification is a great advantage.
Web Developer Jobs in Lagos Shortlisted Applicant Update
If you’ve been shortlisted, then you’ve got your foot in the door. And it’s time for you to shine at the final stage – the interview.
However, it could be a telephonic, Skype, or a face-to-face interview. And this is depending on the employer. When shortlisted:
- Endeavor to get information about the company.
- Also, ensure you have a clear vision. Try to figure out why you want the specific position. And how you would be a good fit. Also, go through your application.
- Additionally, be interactive. It’s an interview, not an interrogation. There is much more to you than your resume.
- Practice goes a long way. Thus, take mock interviews with your friends or practice speaking before a mirror.
- It’s rare, but sometimes you do get an offer letter directly based on your application. You start planning the celebration, but remember some points before you go into that party mode: Get it in writing.
- Also, go over the written offer in detail. And make sure all important details are mentioned and ask questions if you don’t understand anything. Such as work profile, start date, duration, and stipend etc.
- Send a thank-you letter to the employer, once you accept the offer.
- Also, follow up with an e-mail confirming your start date and expressing your enthusiasm for your new role.
From the above, it is important you note that we are not partnering with these companies. We are only making this information available so as help you get that your dream job.
As such, as you apply, ensure to do more research about the company. GOOD LUCK.