5 Hardest courses in Nigerian universities
There are no easy courses in the university but, there are some that are clearly more difficult than others. Even though there are a lot of this courses in the tertiary institution, we'll only talk about five of them.
- Medicine and surgery :- This course is a tough nut.Students in this course are known to cram a lot but the most distinct thing about them is the number and size of their textbooks. You have to be mentally prepared before taking up this course of study.The course span is six years for UTME Students and five years for Direct Entry Students beginning from level 200
- Veterinary medicine :- Students in this course of study aren't given the credit they deserve. Like medicine students, they also have to do a whole lot of reading but medicine students have an edge; human life is more precious than that of animals. Veterinary medicine is the branch of Science that deals with the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disease, disorder and injury in non-human animals. This course takes a duration of 3 to 5 years to graduate.
- Engineering :- This here is another tough nut to crack. Every engineering course in difficult, given that you have to deal with all the subjects you didn't like back in secondary school. You have to deal with the like of maths, physics(which some loved), and chemistry. Almost all Nigerian faculties operate on a four year programme for engineering.
- Pharmacy :- Most people take medicine to be tougher than this bad-boy here, but make no mistake, it is not. Here, you have to deal with advanced chemistry, physics, maths and further maths. While medicine deals with humans and diseases, these people deal with production and prescription of medicine for humans. This course of study takes a duration of 4 to 5 in Nigeria.
- Law :- If you are not a serious minded person, i suggest you don't think about taking up this one. You have to study the rule of law for a duration of five years, and then an extra year in law school. You have to be respectful of people in this field, they also read a lot of books.
There are a lot of difficult courses as i mentioned earlier. Some of this courses are biochemistry, mathematics, physics, chemistry, Languages and a whole lot more. If you have something to say, go to the comments section below and spill your thoughts.