Oyo State Government Cancels Third Term
According to a statement released by the Oyo state government, the third term of the 2019/2020 academic session been cancelled and students will be assessed for promotion using the continuous assessment of the previous terms (first and second term).
The Oyo state government has approved the use of a new academic calendar to guide the resumption of schools and other educational activities in the state.
According to the calendar approved by the State Council, the 2020/2021 academic session is as follows;
- First Term_21st September-18th December,2020
- Second Term_11th January-9th April, 2021.
- Third Term_3rd May-30th July, 2021.
It was further disclosed that, SSS3, JSS3, and Primary 6 students will resume for their examinations as follows;
- SSS3 will resume for their examinations as soon as WAEC announces a date.
- Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) will commence 10th-18th August,2020.
- Competitive Entrance Examination into the schools of science _19th August,2020.
- Placement test into Technical Colleges_28th August,2020.
- Placement test into JSS1_20th August,2020.