WAEC GCE (2nd series) 2020 Registration Commenced
Intending candidates for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for private candidates, 2020 - second series are hereby informed that the registration commenced June 10th, 2020 and the closing date of registration for the examination has been extended to August 28, 2020.
The examination will be urban-based and will be conducted at a period to be announced pretty soon. 36 subjects will be available for the examination. Intending candidates are advised to visit the council's corporate website -www.waecnigeria.org- to confirm available examination towns and subjects before obtaining the registration PIN.
REGISTRATION FOR THE EXAM
Registration for the WASSCE for private candidates, 2020 - second series - will be online. After obtaining the registration PIN, candidates are required to log on to www.waecnigeria.org for registration. Candidates should also note that the registration procedure has been designed to accommodate biometric features that will be used for validation at the examination centres.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are expected to pay a registration fee of thirteen thousand, nine hundred and fifty naira(N13,950) only, at branches at any of the following banks or any accredited agent and obtain the registration PIN and information VCD:
- Access bank plc;
- First bank of Nig. ltd;
- Sterling bank plc;
- Zenith bank plc;
- Diamond bank plc;
- First City Monument Bank plc;
- Skye bank plc;
- Union bank of nigeria plc;
- Ecobank ltd;
- Guaranty Trust bank plc;
- Stanbic IBTC Bank plc;
- United Bank for Africa plc;
- Fidelity Bank plc;
- Heritage Bank plc;
- Standard Chartered Bank plc;
- Unity Bank plc;
- WEMA Bank plc;
Additionally, candidates will be required to pay a five hundred naira(N500) commission to the banks/accredited agents. After obtaining the registration PIN, candidates should log on to https://registration.waecdirect.org/ for registration.
Candidates who wish to register for the examination after the close of entries may be accommodated as "Walk-in-Candidates" fee is thirty thousand five hundred naira (N30,500.00), only.
CANDIDATES WITH SPECIAL NEEDS: Candidates with special needs will also register online like other candidates but they must dearly state their disabilities e.g blind, low vision, spastic, speech, etc.
COMPLETION OF REGISTRATION: Candidates MUST conclude registration within two weeks of first access to the website during the registration period. They should ensure that their names, gender, passport photographs, dates of birth and subjects are correct. They are also to print the admission notiec/photo card as evidence of successful registration which will serve as identification during the examination. The result checker PIN will also be on the photo card. Only digital personal scanner should be used for fingerprint registration.
WAEC GCE normal registration period is from June 10th, 2020 and will end 28th August, 2020.
- Candidates should view the information VCD before they register for the examination.
- Candidates should note that registration fee is not refundable.
- Candidates should print the examination timetable at the completion of their registration.
- Entries must be uploaded with good quality passport size photographs, not "wait and get" photographs. The background of such photographs MUST NOT BE BLUE OR RED. The size should be 275 by 314 pixels. Entries with unacceptable passport photographs will be rejected.
- Candidates should study the regulations and syllabuses as well as the timetable for the examination which they can download from WAEC website(waeconline.org.ng) using the registration PIN.
- Candidates must go to examination halls in mufti and without arms. No professional uniform of any kind will be allowed in the examination halls.
- The entire results of candidates who sit the examination in more that one centre will be cancelled.
- Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall.
- Any candidate that comes into the examination hall with mobile phone(s) and / or electronic gadget(s) will have his or her entire results cancelled.
- Candidates must ensure that their entries are correctly completed before uploading as the council will not be held responsible for error in candidates' particulars. Request for correction will NOT be entertained on any information which a candidate voluntarily gives at the point of registration as soon as the examination commences.
- Candidates must come into the examination hall with their original photo cards.
- Candidates who engage in examination malpractice will not only have their results cancelled, but may be prosecuted.
- Candidates must ensure they provide valid email address and telephone number(s) during registration.
- All candidates MUST be prepared to all covid-19 regulations.